'Yum! Tasty Floor.'
- Most guild corpses
It is currently Dec Sat 14, 2019 5:39 am
Used for testing out new Signatures and home of Vincent's Graphical Signature Shop, Ltd.

PostPosted on Dec Fri 01, 2006 2:07 pm : requesting a sig

I would like to request a sig for Krazer, the slightly deranged dwarf who thinks he is a pirate. am not sure what direction I want to go with my little crazy paly, but something cool/funny would be nice. Not sure if this is where or how you ask for a sig, but I thought I would post here,

ty

Krazer
Krazer

PostPosted on Dec Tue 12, 2006 3:27 pm : Re: requesting a sig

There's a thread at the top of the forum with the info I need and how to make the request.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Dec Sat 16, 2006 9:36 am : Re: requesting a sig

I think something fun would be nice, I am a heal'adin more then anything, so something that shows my healing ability would be cool, sort of the ERP (emergecy response paladin) service or something along those lines, maybe with a set of ambulance lights sort of in the background, and a bloody axe :) I am not sure I want a pic of krazer, as his armor and looks will change. As your thread said, please if you have any other ideas, feel free, but I hope this post helps
Krazer

PostPosted on Feb Thu 22, 2007 12:30 pm : Re: requesting a sig

Treatment 1

The dwarf carrying the bandages thing just slays me. Even if it doesn't get used I'm keeping that around in some form.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on May Tue 08, 2007 7:10 am : Re: requesting a sig

After TBC came out and the push for tanks, I have come to see my little warrior as more of my main now, I know you put some good work into the sig we have been talking about, but I would like to just make a simple one of my warrior Raynko, was thinking a sig with her face on one side, Krazer on the other, maybe a yin-yang symbol in the back ground, and maybe a saying like "one kills, one heals, both drink too much" or something like that. I will get with you in game sometime to do the needed screen shots, thanks mouse
Krazer

PostPosted on Jul Sun 15, 2007 3:40 pm : Re: requesting a sig

Candidate 2 (I hated candidate 1)

Used the screenshots you sent me...not the most optimal for balance but I thin it kinda works. Text is the theme you provided.

http://www.silverdaggers.net/sigs/wow_ray_2.jpg

Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Jul Mon 16, 2007 10:08 am : Re: requesting a sig

I like it, its not optimal as you say but I am happy with it, ty for the work, anyway to shade the yin-yang symbol to match the color of the text back ground, may help it work better
Krazer

PostPosted on Jul Mon 16, 2007 10:31 am : Re: requesting a sig

It's just a candidate. I had the worst time working with the shots you sent and the theme, this is infinitely better than the first works. Part of it is the yin-yang symbol itself b/c if it's shading/blending. I tried cutout masks, shaders, all kinds of crap, never could get it to do what I wanted so I thought I'd just throw out all my earlier work and try something new.

I was trying for a transparency with the steps you see with ray/sym/kraz but, alas, the colormap was too wide for .gif and it looked like crap so I squared it off to use with .jpg which is where the stone texture came from. I played with embossment and such, and you can kinda see it but generally it just doesn't come off as well as I'd like.

Part of the problem is that I'm using multi-layer masking in the treatment where the symbol is masked. I should rebuild thing so that the symbol is a layerwide graphic with the footprint of all 3 images and then transparency mask the images over top of that, it'd give it a smoother look.

But before I went into all of that, I wanted to see if the design itself was ok, if the screenshots were ok, etc, etc before I went to the trouble of reworking a design you may just hate :)
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Jul Mon 16, 2007 10:51 am : Re: requesting a sig

I do like the layout and the theme, we could even dump the yin yang symbol and it would work too, I like that screen of Krazer on the emporers throne, but I really should get a better one of Raynko, When I get home tonight from work, I will make a couple and send them your way. like I said, if we dump the symbol, then just maybe fade the two pics with the current layout, what do you think?
Krazer

PostPosted on Jul Mon 16, 2007 12:32 pm : Re: requesting a sig

Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Jul Mon 16, 2007 6:35 pm : Re: requesting a sig

stick a fork in it, its done, ty mouse
Krazer