One Kinship, One Hope, One Soul, One Honor, One Destiny, One Blood, One Clan
It is currently Dec Sat 14, 2019 5:40 am
Used for testing out new Signatures and home of Vincent's Graphical Signature Shop, Ltd.

PostPosted on Oct Sat 15, 2005 11:58 pm : Finally, an Idea for one

Alright, I've been meaning to come up with an idea for a sig for the longest time. Main reason why I haven't gotten one yet is because I couldn't decide whether I wanted one with Owlsflight or one with Delwyn.
Why not both?
Alright, on one side, I want Owl (firing his bow) with Aderyn (his owl), and the text saying "Owlsflight: For a hunter, soloing means hiding behind one's pet and occasionally firing an arrow or two", or something along those lines. And on the other, I want Delwyn (in one of the more suggestive poses from the gnome dance), with his mithril mechanical dragonling (whom I call Mecha-Ryuchan), and the text saying "Delwyn: Engineer by day, sex machine by night, still single ladies".
Digitaldruid

PostPosted on Oct Sat 22, 2005 5:57 pm : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Nab me for screen shots -- better if YOU find ME b/c my memory blows chunks and I always forget someone needed something made till after I've logged off :(
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Oct Sat 22, 2005 8:38 pm : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Alright, it'll be a bit. Right now Delwyn's got some armor waiting for him in a few levels, and Owl is trying to get the Black dragonscale set together (except for the boots, which look like a real challenge to get the mats for)
Digitaldruid

PostPosted on Feb Mon 13, 2006 11:34 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

*sigh* Due to my drive bombing entirely, I need to re-take the shots for this .sig :(
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Mon 13, 2006 4:05 pm : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

it happens. I'll bug you again next time I'm on and you're not in some instance or battleground. no hurries.
Digitaldruid

PostPosted on Mar Wed 01, 2006 1:13 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Mar Wed 01, 2006 7:45 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Wow, lovin' it. Especially the personalities you've managed to give to my pets. Hilarious! Oh, and the way the snow on the base of the tree kindasorta outlines Owl's name is a cool effect. Was that deliberate? (oh, and if some of my suggestions screw that up, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be difficult).
Just a few adjustments I wouldn't being done. If you wanna say, "screw off, Owl, I gots real work to do." I won't take it personally and I have no problem using the wonderful sig you've already put together.

Any chance we can show Owl in better detail and not look so small? Like by showing him only from the waist up or something? Or would that make it too hard to fit the bird and the text and everything in? If that's the case, nevermind.

Would it be possible to flip Delwyn's stuff around a bit? Like, horizontally flip flip the pic itself so the dragonling is on the otherside? That way, it'd seem the dragon's thought is a direct response to Delwyn's exclamation.

And lastly, is there room to fit thier respective pets' names in there anywhere (Aderyn and Mecha-Ryuchan)? Or are we getting way too crowded then?

Oh, and of course I'm making all these suggestions because I don't think you've been working hard enough lately. Slacker.

(oh, and I realise that tone in text form is hard to interperate [see http://www.silverdaggers.net/wow/forums ... php?t=2129 ] As I'm saying that last comment, I'm grinning and bracing myself for the object Vin is considering throwing at me. )
Digitaldruid

PostPosted on Mar Wed 01, 2006 10:36 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

It's just a treatment :p Not a final. I was more concerned about the tone/overall construction.

Prolly isn't room for more text but I'll see what I can do.

Yes, the snow/backing was intentional and will be disrupted if we move in on the Owls and owls. I'll see if we can zoom in...might be tricky since the image is a composite.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Mar Wed 01, 2006 10:57 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Mar Thu 02, 2006 5:11 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

overall I like the changes, except I'm not sure how I feel about Owl's comment.
Digitaldruid

PostPosted on Mar Thu 02, 2006 11:31 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Other comments I came up with:

Your next mouse will have valium in it
Yes dear
Shut up or I make quills out of your feathers
Do you ever do anything?
Here, you shoot the bow, smart ass, I'll tank
You are NOT my mother-in-law
Get a bear they said but nooo, I had to get an owl
Only thing between you and the dinner table is the aspca
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Mar Thu 02, 2006 1:47 pm : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

Ohh, those are good. I suppose I like "Here, you shoot the bow, smart ass, I'll tank"
Unless you think "Y'know, I hear all birds taste like chicken..." would be funnier. I can't tell.

Wow, Owlsflight tanking. that's a scary thought, concidering that his defense and melee skills are roughly 250ish at level 60. I think the only time I've had to engage in melee in the past ten levels or so was when we were getting those screenshots.
Digitaldruid

PostPosted on Mar Sun 05, 2006 4:58 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

done
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Mar Sun 05, 2006 6:35 am : Re: Finally, an Idea for one

thanks, vin!

All my characters are mains. Real Life is my alt.
Digitaldruid