(Caz) Trolls back there.
(Lore) Apparently they shut down Cazroy's troll brothel.
(Caz) I'm a desperate lock since you stole my pet :p
(Lore) I WAS HUNGRY!
- Dino IoG raid Apr 13, 2013
It is currently Dec Sat 14, 2019 5:37 am
Used for testing out new Signatures and home of Vincent's Graphical Signature Shop, Ltd.
Stiros Sig   

PostPosted on Jul Fri 01, 2005 12:06 am : Stiros Sig

Hey Vincent,

Eventually I will want one, but I think I want to wait until I hit 60 so I can be wearing some cool armor and stuff :)
Stiros

PostPosted on Jul Fri 01, 2005 1:26 am : Re: Stiros Sig

At the pathetic rate I've been working on these, you'll prolly hit 60 easy.

Things are (finally) looking like they'll lighten up a bit and I can get to my long list of requets.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Nov Wed 16, 2005 9:22 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Ok, I think I'm ready to get serious about this now. What I was thinking is having an overhead shot of Stiros in the center of the picture in the middle of a consecrate spell. I kind of want to be able to see the flames spreading out at his feet with his hand in the air. Off to the left side I was thinking a smaller picture of Stiros mounted and off to the right have him seated near the base of a tree or a rock and looking off into the distance. As far as text the only thing I can think of is "Stiros - Paladin of Retribution". Or perhaps a word or 2 for each picture depending how they turn out. Stormwind or Ellwyn forest would probably be the best location for background. I will try to contact you sometime in-game Vin.
Stiros

PostPosted on Nov Wed 16, 2005 7:06 pm : Re: Stiros Sig

Send me a /tell when ya seen me on; if I'm not on my way to something SHR-wise you'll be likely giving me a welcome break from pharming :)
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Nov Fri 18, 2005 12:08 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Bugger...with you dropping all through the meeting...I was gonna check after and see if you were on...and thought I did when I loged. Thinking about it later...I'm pretty sure I didn't *gah!* I'll be in friday - sunday, at your disposal
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Jan Tue 31, 2006 10:10 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Ok, seriously now, it's time! Please, please, please, Vin remind me when we are stuck in a long Q or something that we need to get some pic's taken for my sig! I can never remember to ask you when you're online but I still really would like a sig block.
Stiros

PostPosted on Jan Tue 31, 2006 11:23 am : Re: Stiros Sig

You're trusting MY memory? :lolsign:
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Wed 01, 2006 7:43 pm : Re: Stiros Sig

Between the 2 of us ONE of us has to remember!

:fit:
Stiros

PostPosted on Feb Tue 07, 2006 1:51 am : Re: Stiros Sig

First treatment. Might have been better in the daylight rather than at night. I color-corrected the paladin-on-horse shot, I think it turned out wonderfully. Not so sure about the consecration shot and the water-shot...it's the best I could do color-correcting with the lighting at night.

I added some faux-reflection and a color swipe to back the name to help tie the images together.

You didn't seem too tied to tied to the text you supplied so I added something that tried to wrap the pictures together coherently.

Again, it's a first treatment so I didn't do to much fretting about the text fonting, colors, stroke, fills, and that kinda crap.

Critique away.

http://www.silverdaggers.net/sigs/wow_stiros1.jpg

Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Tue 07, 2006 9:16 am : Re: Stiros Sig

I really like the picture on the mount, but in the other two he seems so tiny in them. I was hoping for more of a close-up so you can actually see some of his face. I'm not too particular of getting all of the consecration into the shot, if we can get more of a close-up of him with the glowing hands and the glow at his feet that would be good enough for me.

As for the text, I'm kind of on the fence about it. That's definitely a cool way to define a paladin and tie the pictures together, I'm just not sure that it defines my character. It's a little too... melodramatic I guess. What about... "A paladin on a quest for honor, for glory, and for peace of mind." Or perhaps something else along those lines. And no, not "For the Horde!" :P
Stiros

PostPosted on Feb Tue 07, 2006 9:37 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Stiros wrote:I really like the picture on the mount, but in the other two he seems so tiny in them.

That's what happens when you try to stay forum-friendly and pack in a lot of linear information. There's a nice visual trick you can pull if you wanted more closeups however you'd have to sacc the head/tail of the consecration shot to pull it off.

Stiros wrote:I was hoping for more of a close-up so you can actually see some of his face. I'm not too particular of getting all of the consecration into the shot, if we can get more of a close-up of him with the glowing hands and the glow at his feet that would be good enough for me.

You won't be able to distinguish anything even with the shot 2x the model size for the consecration. You'd have to forego most of the consecration bits you want to see to make any kind of useful face-time. Catching the head/tail basically loses you a lot of the conc effect but doesn't bring in much more in the way of detail.

Stiros wrote:As for the text, I'm kind of on the fence about it. That's definitely a cool way to define a paladin and tie the pictures together, I'm just not sure that it defines my character. It's a little too... melodramatic I guess. What about... "A paladin on a quest for honor, for glory, and for peace of mind." Or perhaps something else along those lines. And no, not "For the Horde!" :P

Paladins just scream melodrama! Look at that foamy frilly stuff coming off their horse! Every time they bubble-up I expect them to to strike a pose straight out of City of Heroes: "ha ha! you can not touch me, mere mortal"

"Peace of mind" might be better shown with a pic of a dead Superdave...not sure an 'overlooking lake' shot denote peace of mind considering the context (no matter what I do it feels out of balance trying to fit that in with the other two -- prolly just the color scheme and the early hour)

I'll see what other blocking I can arrange. May even just put my own spin on the thing and see how it turns out.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Tue 07, 2006 10:53 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Treatment 2

http://www.silverdaggers.net/sigs/wow_stiros2.jpg

(I still can't do much with the palette w/o reshooting in the daytime, some of the color correction negates anti-aliasing, had to add too much red and the water looks funny, etc.)

Basic blocking in place
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Tue 07, 2006 10:56 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Actually, we can do without a close-up of the face in the consecrate, as long as he's a little more prominant in the picture.

My original idea for the mounted shot was having him coming down a hill or something by a tree for a more natural effect that may have fit with the looking-off pic but, a glowing mount with spikes on it kind of ruins any attempt at that. I really like the mount picture you took though, almost enough to say just make that the sig-pic alone and get rid of the others or use one of them for like an avatar. Maybe we can try that and see how it looks.
Stiros

PostPosted on Feb Tue 07, 2006 11:25 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Well Treatment 2 is as 'prominant' as you can get and still keep the head/tail. Other than that give me the % for each picture you want -- I'm guessing at what definition of 'prominant' you're using.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Wed 08, 2006 12:15 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Ok, just remove the text altogether and I think we'll have it. Just leave Stiros, Paladin, and Silver Daggers. The pics are fine, we'll let them speak for me. I appreciate all you've done Vin, I know I'm a pain in the ass :twisted:
Stiros

PostPosted on Feb Wed 08, 2006 9:04 am : Re: Stiros Sig

I think you're right the text does throw it off -- oddly enough, w/o the text it's the by-the-lake shot that sells it. I'll remove it for threatment 3 and we'll see how it works. Then we can decide if we want to re-take any of the shots.
Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Wed 08, 2006 3:40 pm : Re: Stiros Sig

ok, that whole 'minimalist' thing really works well on this one... so much so that I made the 'Silver Dagger' stamp semi-transparent.

http://www.silverdaggers.net/sigs/wow_stiros3.jpg

Vincent
Clan Chieftain

PostPosted on Feb Thu 09, 2006 7:26 am : Re: Stiros Sig

I'll take it :)

Thanks a lot!
Stiros

PostPosted on Feb Sun 12, 2006 6:55 am : Re: Stiros Sig

Ooh, very nice!

-Caz-
Cazroy